SLADE 3 supports the following data formats:
Archives[edit | edit source]
Note that embedded archives are supported, with no hard limit on nesting recursion.
- PK3 -- because of wxWidgets' limitations, only a subset of the ZIP standard is supported at the moment
- PAK and WAD2 formats from Quake, as well as BSP format (only for embedded textures)
- Anachronox DAT files
- Dark Forces GOB and LFD files
- Build GRP files
- Blood RFF files (read only)
- Shadowcaster DAT files/CyClones HD/CD files
- Shadowcaster LIB files
- Amulets & Armor RES files (read only, MDAT.RES not supported as it is not in the same format)
- Descent HOG files
Maps[edit | edit source]
Note that the map editor is yet to be implemented, support is at the moment limited to a quick preview.
- Doom format
- Hexen format
- Doom 64 format
Graphics[edit | edit source]
If a format is specified to have full support, it means that it is possible to convert a picture into this format. Other formats are merely displayed.
- Doom picture format, including tall patches. (Full support)
- Doom flat and other raw data pictures of known dimension. (Full support)
- All Doom alpha and press release beta image formats: gnums, sneas, raw data and header, alpha and beta patches.
- PNG, including grAb and alPh chunks. (Full support)
- Shadowcaster/CyClones flats, textures, HUD graphics and sprites.
- Amulets & Armor MipImage textures and UI graphics.
- Quake HUD pictures (also used by Doom Legacy), textures and sprites.
- Quake II "wal" textures.
- Heretic II mipmapped images (.m8)
- Half-Life textures.
- Build engine art tiles (.art)
- Wolfenstein 3D textures, graphics and sprites.
- Rise of the Triad textures, graphics and sprites (except translucent textures).
- Planar graphics (used by Hexen for its startup screen, full support).
Fonts[edit | edit source]
Fonts are at the moment treated as graphics composited from all their characters.
- Doom alpha HUFONT
- ZDoom FON1 and FON2 fonts.
- Hardware fonts.
- Wolfenstein 3D fonts.
- Dark Forces fonts.
Textures[edit | edit source]
A Doom texture is composited from several patches which are typically in the standard picture format.
Audio[edit | edit source]
- HMI (no playback)
- HMP (no playback)
- XMI (no playback)
- DMX PCM (Doom's native sound format)
- DMX PC speaker sound effects (no playback)
- OGG Vorbis
- VOC (Creative Voice File) format 0 and 4
- Blood sound effects (.sfx + .raw)
- SNES SPC (no playback)
Models[edit | edit source]
At the moment, model support is limited to identifying the formats.
Mesh models[edit | edit source]
Voxel models[edit | edit source]